2/15/11

Valentine fun.

Warning - there are a LOT of pictures in this post! You know me! ;) We have been doing some fun Valentine's projects around here lately. Maybe too many since Elena woke up yesterday and said - "Do you want to do a project momma?"!
Project #1~ we put these fun heart decals on our sliding glass door~
Project #2 ~ Dora Mobile ~
I printed these hearts off of http://www.nickjr.com/~
Then we glued them together to make them double sided and threaded a ribbon through each hole so they could hang.
Add to a hanger and voila - instant mobile!
Project #3 ~ Sugar Cookie Decorating ~
She was really into putting the sprinkles on this year! (Notice the little stuffed duck that she insisted sit next to her to supervise!)
Inspecting her work~
and the official taste test~
Project #4 ~ Hand print Coasters ~ I read somewhere on-line about doing a hand print on a piece of tile to make a cute Valentine keepsake coaster. I thought this was great so we decided to try! We laid out all of the supplies~
She was so excited to get paint on her hand!
What is nice about the tile is that you can wipe it off and re-do the hand print if you don't like how it looks (thank goodness-it took a couple tries!) ;)
Since the tiles were so inexpensive I decided to have her make several to give to our good buddies!
Then I let her do a little finger painting. She loved it and was fascinated that blue and red made purple!!
Me and my red-handed bandit!
I used a sharpie paint pen to write her name and the date on each tile~
Then I used these cute little foam heart stickers to put on the backside of each corner so the tile won't slip or scratch a table.
Final step was to seal them with a waterproof spray.
Elena and I were both very happy with how they came out!
Project #5~ Heart shaped Pizzas (for dinner on Valentine's day)~
Cutting the dough into hearts was a little tricky but I think we did a pretty good job!
Adding her toppings ~
Sneaking in a couple bites!
She was so proud of her pizza!
Yummy!!! I had a pizza baking stone that I had never used before and let me tell you, it made such a huge difference in how the pizza tasted! It was so much better!! I will definitely be breaking it out more often! My yummy pizza and Valentine wine~
My Little Valentine!
Hope you all had a fun Valentine's day with your loved ones too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...