2/8/11

Love bugs.

After dinner Elena and I did a fun little project while we watched the snow come down, we made love bugs! All you need to make love bugs is - empty toilet paper rolls, pipe cleaners, googly eyes, glue, tape, crayons, stickers, glitter, pom poms and any other fun things you think would look cute on wings. Elena got so excited when I laid out all the supplies for her!

I cut out heart shaped wings for the bugs and she got to work decorating them.
She is now officially in love with glitter! :)

Adding the fun eyes - she is so serious when she is concentrating on something!

Then I helped her attach the wings to the back of the toilet paper rolls and the pipe cleaners for antennae. (I ended up using tape which worked very easily!) How adorable are these little love bugs?!


She was so proud that she had decorated them [almost] all by herself!

The aftermath! And you can't even see the layer of glitter that is covering everything in this picture - ha ha! But honestly this was a great little project that she enjoyed so much and I had fun too! She literally stayed focused for a good 45 minutes!! (I believe that is impressive for any 2 year old!)
We put them up on the little shelf between our living room and kitchen and she thought that was so awesome!
So if you've got some extra toilet paper rolls laying around you should try this fun little Valentine's project! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...