2/5/11

Alumni Basketball.

Last night was our Alumni basketball game - a.k.a. - coming to the realization that I'm getting old!!! :) Elena was so excited to go to a basketball game, but I don't think she really understood that Mommy would be playing this time! She got to shoot around with us while we warmed up.
Talk about an excited little girl!
Watching my skillz! Lol!
She wanted to shoot it in the hoop so bad so I gave her a little boost~


She was having so much fun!

Then it was time for Mommy to play~
I opted to go for the knee brace and I am glad I did, it never hurts to be careful!!

We had a blast - but man was I exhausted!! I am so sore today, I used some muscles that I obviously hadn't used in a LONG time! Here is a group shot of the Alumni, the intramural team we played against, current coaches and a couple current players. One player was from North Carolina and another has previously played at Rutgers! Amazing the difference that going NCAA Division II makes - a lot more scholarship money that can bring in players from all over!
After the game I took Elena in to see the locker room. She was in awe. I had so many memories come back to me while I was in there too!
She ran around the room and made sure every locker was closed - too funny!!
Maybe someday she will be suiting up in this locker room to play for the Jets!! Can't wait until next year's game!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...