2/24/11

Yummy, easy and healthy crock pot chicken!

I made this delicious recipe with my friend Lindsay the other night and it was so easy and yummy I thought I would share it with you! She got the recipe from our other friend Michelle, who has some other tasty-looking recipes on her blog that I am going to have to try! For this recipe all you need is 4 chicken breasts, 1 cup salsa and 1 packet of taco seasoning. Seriously, that's it! :)

Combine all ingredients in the crock pot and set on the 2-4 hour setting. (Forgive my food picture taking skills-need to work on that!)

After 2 hours (4 hours if the chicken is frozen), take the breasts out and shred them with a fork. Then put back in the remaining sauce for about 15 minutes longer to soak up all that left over juicy goodness!
You can serve this any way you want - in a taco, a burrito, on top of nachos or as a salad like we did this night. We added black beans, a little bit of colby/jack cheese, some crushed up tortilla chips, more salsa for dressing and a dollop of sour cream - so yummy!!!!!!

Our littlest food critic also gave it two thumbs up! Elena devoured a whole taco all by herself! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...