6/14/09

Fun weekend.

We did a lot of fun things this past weekend. The first thing that was new to Elena was to watch a thunderstorm. Most of them have been at night this year and she sleeps right through them, but this one was Friday morning so she got to check it out. It is hard to see in this picture but it was just pouring down outside. Elena thought it was pretty cool, I think she liked to listen to the sound of the rain - just like mommy! Crazy Kansas weather, by noon the sun was out and there wasn't a cloud in the sky!

She then played with Grandpa Sam for a long time and could not get over how funny he looked upside down. It was so cute she was cracking up and just kept patting him on the forehead!

I found some little Velcro bows at Babies 'R Us and decided to try one out since she doesn't have much hair-- pretty cute if I must say so! It is amazing how much girlier a simple little bow makes her look - I love it! I can't wait until her hair is longer and I get to play with more hair-do's. :)


Friday night my friend Sarah and I threw a little girls night and watched Sex and the City the movie and had some yummy food and of course Cosmo's! Here are some of the snacks:

Gotta have chocolate covered strawberries! We rationalized that they were somewhat healthy since they were mainly fruit! ;)

We found these cute mini drink shakers in pink and black - aren't they adorable?
Cheers!

I didn't get too many pics of all the girls - some were being camera shy~ here is one of Sarah, Linds and I:

We did allow one guy to be at girls night -- Mr. Drake! He and Elena got to hang out and play together while we munched and talked.

On Saturday morning we met for our monthly Breakfast Club group and ventured out to Yoder to eat at Carriage Crossing. It was very yummy! I must say the favorite for me, and Linds, was definitely the carmel long john! I didn't get any pictures in Yoder but we did see some horse drawn carriages which were pretty cool.
Later that day I bought some bubbles for Elena - she had never really seen them up close.
She thought they were pretty strange!

This is quite the face she is making here -- looks like she is saying "I'm waiting - where are the bubbles?!"

That's better!

While Elena was napping on Saturday and Sunday my mom and I watched Bride Wars and Marley and Me - both very good flicks! We were both totally bawling in Marley and Me - it made me think about how lately Cooper has been driving me nuts but that I still love him and can't imagine him not being around!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...