5/25/09

Memorial Day.

My Mom, Dad, Aunt Marge and Uncle Jim have a tradition of going out to Resthaven Cemetery on Memorial Day. My grandparents are both buried there and they also served in World War II; Dominic was in the Air Force and Dorothy was in the Navy.
Resthaven puts out flags to honor every single veteran that is buried there. It is so beautiful!
Not only do they put a small flag on each grave but they also put a full size one as well. Each flag even has the name of the veteran on it too. Each year we find both my Grandpa and Grandma's flags. Here we are at the base of Nana's flag.
And here is Poppo's flag.
They also have a nice program with music (which Elena loved) speakers, a flyover and a 21 gun salute.
This is the Garden of the Cross where my grandparent's are buried.
Here is Elena and my mom enjoying the beautiful weather and scenery.
Then we went back to our house to grill (again!) :) and relax.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...