6/17/13

Memorial Day {2013}

For Memorial Day this year we stuck to our tradition of heading out the Resthaven for their ceremony and beautiful decorations. The flags really are amazing and inspiring.
 
 
 Robert secretly likes using the baby carrier - don't let him deny it! :)
 My patriotic girlie!
 
 We went with my Mom and were able to find my Grandpa's flag flying in his honor. My Grandma's flag was damaged last year and we took out a replacement but didn't get it to them in time for this year, bummer! But next year it will be flying for her right next to my Grandpa's. :)
 This year I cut some fresh white peonies from our front yard to put in their vase. My Grandpa would have loved it!
I also had some for Aunt Marge too.
 
Hard to believe last year Dominic was still in my belly on Memorial day. So this was really his first introduction to the original Dominic - my Grandpa! Elena is trying to show him that he has the same name.
 
 
After the cemetery we got to head out to the lake with our friends Nate and Mary for some fun! Also like last year!
The kiddos are getting so big!!
Heading to the lake!
 
 Dominic loved it too!
 
 
  The guys found this snapping turtle on the other side of the lake! Looks like a dinosaur or something - that tail id crazy!!
 
 Water babies!
 Takes a real man to rock the hot pink life jacket!
 
 
 
 
I was so proud of Elena!!! She not only went on the boat...she even tried out skiing! Yay!!
 
and I even got it on video!! I was so proud!
Dom got to go on the boat too!
We cooked out and had so much fun hanging with our friends!
 Even more swimming!
 
 
 
 
 What a fun, fun day!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...