2/23/13

Blizzard of Oz!

On Wednesday morning it started snowing this week, and it didn't stop until pretty much Friday! The 2nd biggest snow storm we have ever had here in Wichita! On Wednesday while there was a lull in the snow Daddy and Elena built a pirate snowman! :)

D watched from inside but I did grab a little snow to let him know what sister and daddy were playing with outside. :)
When we woke up the next morning this is what our backyard looked like! Holy smokes! 14.2" of snow! Wow!! So thankful that Robert's boss told him to stay home and that I was able to rearrange my schedule and work from home too! 
The first thing Elena wanted to do was go play in the snow! Can you blame her?  
Since there aren't exactly any hills close - Robert pulled Elena around the yard and down the icy street to sled! 
I even decided to get my little man or should I say my little bear out to check out the snow! He actually loved it!
This picture looks like trouble!
After we went inside and we warmed up with hot chocolate and a fire!
Of course after she could feel her hands and feet again she wanted to go right back out!
Catching snowflakes
and since he enjoyed it so much the first time I got Dominic all bundled up again and sat him on our patio table. He just giggled and giggled! 
The next day I got to work from home again - yay! But it was so stinking cold, so I decided to bring the snow to the kids! :)
 I even got some food coloring and paint brushes out for Elena to ''paint'' the snow!
 After Dom got up from his nap he joined in on the fun too! He wasn't so sure about it at first...
...but then he went for it.
and it promptly went straight to his mouth! :)
They had a blast and momma got to stay much warmer too!
But it only lasted for so long until someone was ready to go out and brave the cold!
She begged for me to bring the snow back in all day. At least it made working from home and entertaining her much easier!
After Daddy got home from work Elena helped him shovel snow, too cute!
and then Daddy built himself her an igloo! :)
Get ready, there are going to be lots more snow pictures to share because apparently we are supposed to get another 6-15 inches again early next week! Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...