12/2/09

Wow.

Sadly, Robert's dad passed away 4 years ago this coming February. When we got into Robert's hometown, he mentioned that he would like to stop by Pedro's grave. As we were pulling into the cemetery we heard the word "Grandpa" come from the backseat. Robert and I both looked at each other thinking - did she really just say that? Then Elena said it again! Neither one of us had said that word at all that day...we were definitely feeling some goosebumps. Then we got out of the car and as if to clarify that she knew exactly what she was talking about she said "Grandpa" again and pointed in the direction of his headstone. I am not kidding here at all -Robert and I just looked at her with amazement.

There is a picture on the headstone of Robert's mom and dad so we showed it to Elena and asked her where Grandpa was and she pointed directly at Pedro. I think she has maybe seen one or two pictures of him ever! By this time we both had tears in our eyes. It was like she already knew him. Robert told me it was one of the best feelings he had ever felt, and I must say I felt that way too. It is truly amazing to know that even though she has never met him she obviously still has a special bond with him.

I know that one of the hardest things for Robert is not having his dad around and this was a very special day that let us know that even though Pedro is not physically here, he is still with us and is a part of our lives. It was one of the most amazing and spiritual things that I have ever experienced.

3 comments:

  1. How awesome Molly! Teared me up. Glad you and Robert got to have that moment with Elena.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness! chills down my spine! That is truly amazing - what an awesome memory to have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow molly..What a great moment!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...