2/28/13

Alumni Basketball Game - aka - I'm getting old!

For the Newman Alumni basketball game this year, my former roomie/teammate Sarah and I decided to bust out our old school shirts that we had made when we were juniors at Newman. You like? :)
 Elena got to run around and play on the court before we got started. She was having a blast!
 Whew! Time for a water break :)
Then we got started. Let me tell you, I think the court got longer since I played there! HA! One time down and back and I was already breathing hard! There was one point in the game where I heard Elena yell, "Make a basket Mommy!!" I thought, oh man - I am embarrassing my 4 year old! :)  But it was really fun to play with my old teammates again! Hopefully next year there is an ever bigger turnout! (and it might be this old lady's last year playing!)
It was so funny to see Sarah and I's hubbys taking care of the babies while we played. Two good looking Mr. Mom's right there!
 "Exhausted" just barley begins to describe how tired I was! (I also forgot just how red my face gets when I really work out hard - guess I need to pick it up at the gym!)
Elena thought me playing basketball was great and if it gives her any sort of encouragement to play sports later in life then I say - mission accomplished! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...