3/7/13

Recipe Round-up!

Not exactly a new years resolution, but one of my goals the past few months has been to try and eat more at home. Mainly to save money but also to start eating healthier. Here are some of the winners that my hubby and kiddo have actually requested for me to make them again! I am also much more up for trying a recipe after I have gotten a review from it so I thought I would share!
1. Chicken Tortilla Soup -
I adapted this recipe from Martha Stewart's Tortilla Soup with Black Beans Recipe.
I followed the recipe but I also added shredded chicken and cilantro to make it extra yummy.
2. Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers -
I have really started to like cooking with peppers and these were a big hit with me and Robert loved them too. His only request was that I cooked them a little longer so that the peppers would be softer next time. Here is the link for this recipe.

3. Baked Cauliflower Poppers
I made these to go with the stuffed cheesesteak peppers instead of unhealthy french fries and my cauliflower-hating husband was shocked and said he could eat them every other day! Yay! This recipe came from Delighted Momma.
4. Crash Hot Potatoes
from the Pioneer Woman. I found these and thought they sounded wonderful! Mine were not near as pretty, and I think I should have boiled them a bit longer too - but they were still very good! 
5. Baked Spaghetti
This is what my husband always orders when we eat at Fazoli's, or any other place that has baked spaghetti - so when I came across this recipe I thought I would give it a try. He and Elena gobbled it up! This recipe came from here.
 6. Crock pot Stuffed Peppers
Another yummy stuffed pepper! These were very good! Elena even ate them (well everything inside the pepper!) I will make these again. Here is the recipe
 
This pie is so easy! It is light and yummy and would be a wonderful summer treat but we are sure enjoying it this winter! I have tried over flavor combos too! As long as there is a Jell-O mix and a yogurt the same flavor you can make it a pie! We have tried Lime, Lemon, Orange, and Strawberry-Banana. Orange is the favorite so far!
I can't get enough of this - it literally tastes like I am eating cake batter!! Love!
The rest of these recipes I forgot to take a picture of!
My 4 year old loved this and the hubby asked me to double this recipe next time so he could have more leftovers! I added corn and cilantro and omitted the cayenne pepper (only because I didn't have any) This has become a regular meal for us!
 I put this in my magic bullet and made it into baby food! Dominic (6 months) loved it!
Yum! Who doesn't love alfredo though?
Ever since I got to try these yummy sandwiches at Bunco they have become my go-to snack for a big group! They are fabulous!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...