3/12/13

Diva Dash.

 I heard about a race coming up called the Diva Dash from my friend Lindsey.  It was a fundraiser for a program called Girls on the Run that she is involved with, a great program. Not only was it is a 5k for women but there was also a little princess fun run! The little girls would get a shirt, tiara and medal when they finished! How fun is that? So I mentioned it to Elena and she was pumped!! (I'm afriad the tiara is what sold it for her but hey, whatever works right?) She was so excited when I picked up our race gear the day before the race. (apparentley I was excited to get registered - I'm #6! Lol!) 
 
We woke up on race day to a dreay rainy day. Boo. But since it wasn't storming we laced up and headed to the race. Here is a picture from the start - can you see me? I am waving and Robert, my Mom and the kiddos! Funny!
  The race started off dry, but by mile 1 it was misting and by mile 2 it was flat out raining. I had a really fun time though! While I was out running Elena got to get her face painted! Of course, she picked out the brightest pink color on earth!
Our neighbor also did the race so Elena got to hang out with her best friend Zeplynn while they waited for the moms to finish.
 
I finished at 30:34 according to the time chip on my shoe! 26th in my age group and 115th overall, out of about 500 runners! I was very happy about that! I hadn't run a race since way before Dominic was born!
This next picture looks like a deep breath of relief - Ha!

My guys were troopers braving the yucky weather to watch me finish! Love them both to pieces!
Dominic thought my medal was pretty cool.
 
 Then it was finally time for the little girls to run. Terrible timing though - as soon as they started it literally started pouring!
But Elena finished with a smile on her face!
  
It was a complete downpour at this point so we booked it to the car. What a bummer! But we both had a really good time and want to do it again (hopefully with no rain next time!) Elena kept going on and on about how she was upset she didn't get to run the ''big girl'' race! I kept telling her she didn't understand how far I had actually ran! We finally got to pose with our medals when we got home. Then we took nice long baths and got warm and cozy to snuggle for the rest of the day!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...