3/30/12

Happy 10th Birthday Dad!

My Dad turned 10? I thought that would catch your eye. ;) I put that title because yesterday (my Dad's 65th birthday) Elena told us that all adults are 10, so we were celebrating Grandpa's 10th birthday! :) Too funny. (Why didn't she think of that when I turned 30 last year??) He asked for 2 things this year, dinner at Sumo and a yellow cake with chocolate frosting. So that is exactly what he got! We went to dinner last weekend with lots of friends to celebrate!

  Robert and Scott literally took 20 min trying to figure out the origami instructions on the kids menu -- it didn't happen!
Yum - I love Sumo's!
We even sang Happy Birthday and my Dad had to blow out the cooks lighter! Funny.
Then we got to work on his 2nd request the day before his 'official' birthday - the cake! I had quite the little helper with this!
She even added the sprinkles and decided what the cake should say. :)
 My parents came over for dinner that night and then he opened a couple presents.
Birthday cake Oreo's (totally Elena's idea!) - man you have got to try these if you haven't yet. They are sooo good -- an Oreo but with cake frosting in the middle!  
She also made him a card. He loved it. I had to take a couple pictures because it was so cute and she did it all by herself!  
Cake time!
 Happy Birthday Dad/Grandpa!! We love you!!  
The evening started out nice and then a crazy storm kicked up - so we got to end the evening with a lightning show!  
On a side note this is also the anniversary of the day I started my blog -- 3 years ago!! I absolutely love being able to look back on all these great memories! So happy blogiversary to me!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...