8/4/10

A sad day.

This morning my Aunt Marge passed away after her tough battle with cancer. Even though this is such a sad time for our family I think it is amazing to see the way God works through situations like this. My mom had an overwhelming compulsion to head down to see my Aunt yesterday and as it turns out got there just in time to help support my Uncle when he needed someone most. She also got to spend some very meaningful time with my Aunt before she passed. Yesterday I was reading a blog that I follow and it was all about perspective after losing a loved one. What amazing timing for me to see this - (I took these lines from their blog and personalized the second paragraph).

"Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. For our present troubles are quite small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us an immeasurably great glory that will last forever.''
1 Corinthians 4:16-17
“Putting the years of life without Marge in perspective of eternity with her makes the time of waiting seem bearable and even brief…So while we wait, we nurture an eternal perspective, a view in which our struggles look small and brief in comparison to the vast joys and eternal satisfaction of forever-life with God.”
I felt the need to share this with my Uncle (I just sent it to him a little bit ago) and also all of you.

1 comment:

  1. Molly, I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt Marge. I remember her and now what a great person she was. She will truely be missed. We're keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. Please let me know if there is anything else we can do for you.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...