8/23/10

Girl's Trip.

This past weekend Elena and I decided to take a girl's trip up to Kansas City all by ourselves! I was a little nervous driving with just me and her but she did great! We got to visit my non-biological sisters, as well as celebrate Jensen's 1st birthday! Here is Lynette, Stephanie and I~
Rachel and Lynette~
I also got to meet the newest addition to the family baby Ella - who is the sweetest little chunky monkey I have ever seen!!! Take a look at those little rolls, makes me just want to eat her up!
Steph and the birthday girl!
Opening presents~
Elena did just fine watching Jenbug open her presents - I was a little nervous since she is in that 'everything is mine' stage, but she just played with other toys and happily watched.
Laura, Ella, Elena and I ~ gotta love the party hats!
Time for some cake. Hmmm...maybe they won't notice if I give it a taste test. :)
After the cake the kiddos went outside for some fun pool/sprinkler time! Check out the size difference in petite little J and my little giant!!! I know she is a year older but still!
 
They had a blast playing in the water.
Although Jensen was not too happy about these big kids in her pool!
Apparently my little spider monkey decided she was thirsty! ha ha!
Happy Birthday Jensen! We had so much fun celebrating with you!
After the party we went back to Lynette's place to hang out and have dinner. Elena was so tired from the car ride and party fun that she gave me no trouble going to sleep - even in a new place! Thank goodness! We did have a little piggy-back fun before bed though.
The next morning, after Lynette made us some yummy pancakes, we headed to the pool. You know Elena - splash, splash, splash!
This is the first time Elena had ever seen an infinity pool - she was a little concerned with where the water was going...
Then she found the waterfall and was fascinated by it!
Elena is kind of funny about swimming, she will go, go, go -- but when she is ready to be out she is done! Here she jumped out of the pool, took her life jacket off, ran to the side...
and curled up on the lounge chair!
So we decided to head back to Lynette's.
Check out this cute new cover-up that I bought her. How adorable is that? I can't wait to use it at the beach in a couple weeks!
We spent some more quality time with Aunt Nettie before we grabbed lunch and headed home.
What a blast we had this weekend!! I always love seeing my girls! Thanks for everything and we hope to see you again soon!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous24/8/10 07:29

    Love the pictures - especially the one of Elena and Jensen walking towards the sprinkler!! It was so nice to see you girls this past weekend, thanks so much for coming up to celebrate J's birthday! Elena is such a beautiful, smart and well mannered girl, she must have a great mommy!!
    We love you girls and can't wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...