3/31/11

2.5

I seriously can't believe that my little baby girl is officially closer to 3 years old than to 2 years old! I know people always tell you that kids grow up fast but man, it really is unbelievable! Sometimes I feel like even from one day to the next she seems so much older! These pictures are actually from when she turned 2. I thought I would share my favorites with you. My good friend Jacque took them all and I love them! I have been so busy getting ready for California I really haven't taken any pictures the past few days. Shocker right? Don't worry, I'm sure I will make up for it this weekend! :) Here are some of the things that Elena is up to:

She can do the entire ABC song, count from 1-15 by herself (she likes to leave out #14 though!), count 1-10 in Spanish, and knows pretty much all her colors in English and Spanish.

She is a shape master - she can name pretty much any shape! The other day she told me her piece of cracker was shaped like a trapezoid, seriously!

She is so loving and sweet, and she loves to give hugs all the time. (I hope that lasts for a while)

She makes new friends everywhere we go.If she sees a kid she doesn't know she will say - Look Mommy, a new friend!


She is in a size 8 shoe! Huge feet I tell you! I'm okay with this because her feet grow so fast I always get to buy new ones for her!

She is OBSESSED with traffic signs. We bought her little traffic signs for her train tracks and now it is all she points out in the car all.the.time. From the back seat we hear - "No U Turn! - One Way! - Mommy, Do Not Enter! - Rail Road Crossing, Handicapped Parking!!"

She loves to sing and makes up songs all the time. We were driving the other day and she says, Mommy, let's sign the car song. I say Ok, how does it go. She then starts singing - car, car, car - we're driving in the car!

She also thinks its hilarious to put funny words in songs. Old McDonald had a...cake! E-I-E-I-YUM! :)


She still speaks unbelievably well. Most people think she is closer to 4 years old because of how she can hold a conversation with someone and how clearly she speaks!

She can spell her name!

Tall, tall, tall. Kind of expected with a 6" Mommy but she is very tall. Especially when compared to kids her age. She is usually a good 5 inches taller! She is now about 38 inches tall and right at 30 lbs.

She has the skinniest legs I have ever seen (except possibly my mom's!) She can still fit into 12 month size bottoms as long as they are shorts, capris or skirts!

Elena is a fantastic eater! She will try everything at least once~the one exception being roast beef, to which she replied I do not want gross beef! ;)


Is an orange juice junkie - anytime of day and with any food she will request OJ.

She likes to test her boundaries and see how much she can get away with, and does give us a fantastic tantrum every once in a while!

Is potty trained - and has been for a few months now! The only time she wears a pull-up is nap and night time (still working on that).

She is also still in her crib and I am planning on leaving her there at least another 6 months or so if she lets me!


She takes a 2-3 hour nap every afternoon and sleeps 12 hours every night. She likes her sleep!

She can use a tortilla like a spoon! :) ( I think that one is in her genes!) Elena is always on the go!

The level of energy this kid has is insane, constantly running, jumping, or bouncing everywhere.

Some of her favorite things lately:
Favorite Colors - Pink and Yellow (she has stuck to these two for several months now!)
Favorite Foods - Shrimp fried rice, turkey sandwich, french fries, any kind of chicken
Favorite places to eat - Samurai, Olive Garden, Subway or Applebee's
Favorite books - Llama Llama Mad at Mama, Ladybug Girl at the Beach, she really loves all books!
Favorite songs - Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, Jesus Loves Me, Old McDonald
Favorite cartoons - Dora the Explorer, Team Umizoomi, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Favorite places to go - gymnastics class, the pool at the Y, the park, Poppo and Mommo's house
Favorite toys - she is usually playing with either her dollhouse or her train tracks
Favorite desserts - cookie dough and ice cream
Happy 2.5 Baby Girl!! What a better way to celebrate than to go to Disneyland?! :) I will have some fun adventures to blog about when we get back! Hope you have a fantastic weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...