3/27/11

Final Friday.

This past Friday Linds and I went to Final Friday around downtown Wichita. I don't know why we have never done this before! Free drinks, snacks, cool stores and art - how could you go wrong?! We started out at a really cool store called Bungalow 26 - where Linds and I both bought some goodies. One of Lindsay's goodies was a chocolate bacon candy bar... she thought it would be fantastic but it was a little too meaty - as she put it! No worries, we also hit up Cero's to satisfy our chocolate needs!
One main reason we decided to do Final Friday is that our good friend Jacque just opened a photography studio and was participating in the event. After a couple glasses of free wine I managed to forget to take a picture of her new place but here is her website - she is fantastic! She took some family pics and 2 year old pics of Elena for us and I love them! (The cute picture of Elena in the hat in my title is from her!) Speaking of hats - check out my cool light-up one in the pic below! Lol!
                           
After an adorable dog exhibit at City Arts we saw some cool fire throwers in the square. That stuff is just crazy! I had talked Linds into eating at my absolute favorite place ever - Uptown Bistro - because I had just learned that they would be closing in a week!! I can't even begin to explain how sad this makes me! :( That is the one place I always ask to go for my birthday or other special nights! Apparently the fact that the restaurant was closing scared off people this evening because there was not one single person in it! Frankly, it scared us off too and we opted for Old Chicago and a little basketball madness instead. After dinner we hit up a couple more cute shops before we ended the night with a delicious glass of wine at Oeno. Anybody else think these pictures are just creepy?
I had one of the funnest Friday nights I have had in a long time! Thanks for the great date night Linds!! Can't wait til the last Friday of April to do it all again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...