3/16/11

Rainbow Cupcakes!!

Today my Mom came over and helped us make rainbow cupcakes! I told Elena a few days ago that we were going to make them soon and she has been asking to make them every day since! She loves rainbows and colors so this was a great little project for her! All you need is white cake mix, gel food coloring, and icing!

After the cake was all mixed up, we divided out the batter into 6 bowls and added the food coloring~

Then we layered them into the pans color by color~this part was a little stressful! It is so hard to get the right amount and then spread it out. I found some tips on this (after they were already made of course!) that said to dip your finger into water and spread the color out b/c the batter is very thick. I will definitely have to try that next time!

Elena wouldn't keep her fingers out of the batter - but I wouldn't expect anything less of her!;)
Then they went in the oven. How do you kill a little time on a gorgeous day like this? Playing in the backyard with Grandma of course!!
I went in to check on the timer and lets just say we layered up the cupcakes a little thick! What was supposed to be enough batter for 24 cupcakes ended up being only 12! Whoopsie! I don't think I have ever seen cupcakes that big before!
So what do you think?? I think they are pretty stinking adorable! And so perfect for St. Patty's day! (I think my icing skills need a little help though!)
Elena was so into the cupcake and all the colors she wouldn't even look up at me to take a picture! I guess that means she approved!
This was such a fun idea and we had a blast making them! It may have to become a little St. Patty's Day tradition in this house!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! Great idea, the kids would love this :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...