2/15/10

Our Valentine Weekend.

We had a busy and fun Valentine's weekend this year. First, I helped Elena make some cards for my parents - quite a project with a 16 month old! Her attention span was a little shorter than I expected so this took a couple of tries, as you can tell from the two different outfits.
We used crayons and stickers and most of the stickers ended up on me and her! In fact, I am still finding hearts in random places around the house. :) But they turned out super cute!
Here she is checking out the final project - she seemed pretty happy with them! 
My parents watched Elena on Saturday night so Robert and I could have a night out. It's kind of funny how when you don't get a date night very often you try to cram everything into one evening! We did a movie, dinner, drinks and some dancing! Yeesh - we had a blast but man we were wiped out the next day! We watched Valentine's Day (very cute) and then had some sushi at one of our favorite places - Hana Cafe. Yummy!
Then we went to a couple bars in Old Town. It was a fun night!
The next day I decided to make homemade sugar cookies and have Elena help me decorate them. Now, all my friends that bake are going to be ashamed but this is the first time I have ever made them from scratch! I know - hard to believe right? Well even worse - I didn't even have a heart shaped cookie cutter (and neither did Wal-Mart!!) So I improvised by using a lid from a heart-shaped box of chocolates :), which was rather large but I figured that would just make them easier for Elena to decorate! Ha ha!
This is definitley my child - she loved the cookie dough - just like me!
 Elena did pretty good with the sprinkles ~ kind of hard to misplace them on these giant cookies though!

I was pretty happy with my first try - hopefully these will get better and better with each passing holiday! Thanks Kylie for posting your recipe!
To make Valentines Day even better, Robert installed our new sink! We found it at Home Depot on clearance and couldn't resist the great deal, so Happy Valentine's Day to us!
One last picture of my lil sweetie - I just love the skirt/legging look - she will probably be wearing a lot of that this spring! ;)
Hope you had a great Valentine's Day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...