2/10/10

Key Lime Pie Parfaits.

I recieved a Cooking Light cookbook a few years ago for Christmas and have finally tried my first recipe from it - Key Lime Pie Parfaits. Now I am not a big fan of Key Lime anything but my hubby loves it as well as my friends Lindsay and Rowe. So I sacraficed for the majority on Monday and we tried whipping up this tasty dessert. They sort of look like the picture don't you think?

The funny thing is we used some of Elena's cups to put the parfaits in :)
These were very yummy. The key lime-ers loved them and I even liked it!
Yum! We enjoyed these while watching The Bachelor ~ don't even get me started about Ali leaving! Next week we are going to try the same recipe with oranges instead of limes - I am very excited about this!!
  
For those of you who would like to give it a try here is the recipe:
1/2 C fresh lime juice (I couldn't find any key limes so I just used regular ones)
1/4 C sugar (I used Splenda to save on some calories)
1/4 t grated lime rind
2 large eggs
1 (14oz) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 C canned whipped light cream (Reddi-wip)
1 C graham cracker crumbs

1. Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth; pour into top of a double boiler. Cook over simmering water until mixture thickens (about 6 min), stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Place pan in a large ice-filled bowl 20 min or until mixture cools to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
2. Spoon 1 tablespoon whipped cream into each of 8 (8oz) glasses; top each serving with 1 tablespoon crumbs and 3 tablespoons lime mixture. Repeat layers once, ending with lime mixture. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon whipped cream. Serve immediately.
Makes 8 servings, 1 serving=1 parfait
(Calories 258, Fat 5g, Protein 7.1g, Carb 47g, Fiber 0.4g, Chol 65mg, Sodium 149mg, Calc 161mg)
Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks good! Very cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love key lime, so I'm definitely going to have to make these this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...