9/14/11

1st Pinterest Project.

Have you heard of Pinterest? Well, I recently joined and have found my new addiction! Oh my goodness! It is an amazing place that you find all kinds of ideas - recipes, crafts, DIY projects, photography, party ideas...seriously I could go on and on! My list of things that I want to try is growing by the day, but I finally get to check one off! I came across this outdoor chalkboard that I thought would be great for our backyard, especially with an upcoming 3 year old's birthday party that will be taking place back there. Here is the inspiration:
 
So lets get to it. First we purchased a 4'x8' plywood board.
and primer, chalkboard paint and unsanded tile grout.
Time to prime:
The grout is added to the paint (in about a 3:1ratio) because they do not make outdoor chalkboard paint. Apply evenly and let dry. After it is completely dry smooth the whole thing with sandpaper and then you condition by rubbing the side of a piece of chalk over the entire surface and wiping away with a barely damp sponge. 
 Have your handy hubby screw it onto the fence and voila - 
perfect outdoor chalkboard! 


It was a hit and I think Elena is going to love it for years to come! 
Now to move on to the rest of that Pinterest to-do list! :) 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Molly!

    This idea is awesome! As is your backyard! LOVE it all. I'm sure Elena will spend many happy hours out there with that new chalkboard. Thanks so much for linking up... I'm glad you did!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...