6/4/10

Last Rodeo.

So last week my friend Kristy called me up about 5:30 one night and said she had an extra ticket to the Brooks and Dunn concert that was at 7:30 that same night. Would I like to go? umm....let me think about it - heck yeah!! I jumped all over the offer and am so glad that I did! Not only did I have an awesome time at the concert but Kristy and I haven't seen each other as much lately, and it was so great to spend time with her and catch up. The opening act was Jason Aldean - and he was really, really good!

We had some pretty awesome floor seats!

We managed to find Rowe in the crowd!

Then it was time for Brooks and Dunn...



This was during the song Neon Moon - yes, that is a longhorn shaped disco ball! Lets just say I'm glad Robert wasn't there to see it because I am sure that he would want one in our basement!!

This was one of the highlights of the evening - for the song Only in America, they brought real troops out on stage. There was definitely an eruption of applause!

Followed by an eruption of confetti! Which was pretty amazing to see.

My Maria has always been my favorite song of theirs and they saved it for the end.
But then they came out for the encore and sang Boot Scootin Boogie - gotta love it! They also finally lit up the Last Rodeo sign - which we had been waiting for all night.
It is called the Last Rodeo tour because it is the last time they will be touring together after 20 years! What was awesome about it was they played all of their biggest hits, I forgot how many songs they had that I love!
I have to give a big thanks to Mike, Kristy's hubby, who just happens to work at the Intrust Bank Arena and shared his tickets! (and thanks to Kristy for taking me of course!!)
Since we were waiting for Mike, we got to hang around and watch everyone clean up - let me tell you they have this down incredibly fast!

Finally a last shot with the tour bus!
I had so much fun and have decided that spur of the moment plans always seem to be the most fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...