9/17/09

Twenty Eight.

I can't believe that I am 28 years old! It is so strange how this year feels so much different than past years. This year my birthday has really felt like just another day. I remember when I would start counting down my birthday weeks in advance!! I think part of it is having a little one that is about to have a birthday too. I am honestly more excited about hers than mine~but I guess that is a good thing! I did get to spend time with some of my favorite people today. Sarah and Marie took me out to lunch to Uptown Bistro (my fave!).

The free dessert didn't taste as good as it looked though. Bummer!

Then later on my parents and Marge and Jim took me to Outback for dinner. I was so full but it was so good!

This is classic Elena - especially when I am trying to get a picture with her!!


This dessert was much better - but how can you go wrong with ice cream and chocolate?


Then we went home and had cake and opened presents. Yes -- 3 desserts in one day! Oh well, you only have one birthday a year right? That's my reasoning anyway! :)

I think Elena thought this was all for her! I guess she is just practicing for her big day!

By the way my one request was rainbow chip frosting on my cake. If you have never had it you are missing out!!!

It was a great day and the only thing missing was my wonderful hubby who is working out of town. :( But he gets back next week and we can celebrate then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...