4/12/09

Married for 75 years!!

Yes - that title is correct! This weekend we celebrated my Great aunt and uncle's 75th wedding anniversary. What an amazing milestone! Some people don't even live 75 years -- let alone be happily married for that long! Parker "Ted" and Clara Hall are an amazing couple! After high school Ted met the love of his love, Clara, who lived next door. Their wedding was on April 28, 1934 (or anniversary is the 27th - hopefully that is a good omen!) They rented their first home for $12.50 a month! Once the rent reached $18 a month, they decided to buy their first home. With a $200 down payment they purchased their $2,000 home, with monthly payments of $20. Wow -- I can't even imagine that!
 
Here is a picture from their wedding day and one from the party:


More great pictures from the party:

The couple of honor hanging with Elena:
By the way -- the highest anniversary card I could find was 60th! I thought about getting three 25th anniversary cards! ;)
It was a great celebration and so good to spend time with family we don't get to see very often.

Since we were all dressed up I thought it would be a good chance for a family pic...but apparentley Elena and Robert weren't going to let me get a good one! This one is ok but I think Robert looks a little scary and Elena wouldn't give us a smile. Oh well...maybe next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...