4/26/09

Duathlon.

We did it! Marie and I finished out 1st duathlon. For those of you wondering, it is a triathlon minus the swimming, a 4 mile run followed by a 12 mile bike on trails. We have been training for about 2 months for this race. It was so exciting!! But it was very, very hard and challenging! We headed up to Lawrence on Friday night to check out the trail because we had never been on it. It was at the Lawrence River Trails -- very cool area and I will definitely go back to ride them again! After we did a short practice run on the trail we decided to have a carbtastic dinner! We hit up a recommended Italian restaurant called Paisano's.
It was so yummy! I would reccomend it if you are in Lawrence - 25th and Iowa is the intersection that it is on.
We both had fettucine alfredo with mushrooms - wonderful! And the breadsticks were even better than Olive Garden! (and I really love those!)
The race was Saturday morning at 10:00 we got there early to get ready to go. It was very interesting to do something neither one of us had ever done before!
Here are the trusty bikes:
Look at all these people!
Lots and lots of bikes.
And we're off! 1st was the 4 mile trail run...
These next pictures were taken by the people from the race:
Into the woods:
Let me tell you that 4 miles is extremely hard going up and down the trails - and it was so humid in the woods! It totally kicked our butts!
Next we went back into the trail on the bikes.
Here is Marie:
And here I am:

I finished in 1 hour and 57 minutes and Marie finished in 1 hour and 50 minutes! We were exhausted but it felt really good to finish!
This picture is after the race - happy to be done!
These are our T-shirts and us showing how we each did in our respective classes. I got 3rd in my class and Marie got 8th in hers. (Too bad there were only 3 in my class and 8 in hers!!!) :)
All in all it was a very challenging but rewarding expecience and we have already decided we are going to do it again!

Our good friend Scotty who lives nearby also came to support us and took us out to eat after. Thank you so much Scotty!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats! I think it's a huge accomplishment for anyone to train and complete any type of race like this. Good job and good luck on the next one.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...