4/8/09

Handy Manny.

For those of you who don't know - we haven't had a basement for about 2 years now. When we got back from our honeymoon in beautiful Mexico we came home to about 2 inches of water throughout our basement - and who knows how long it had been sitting there!!! Needless to say we ended up with about 4 inches of mold growing rather quickly -- gross!! So we had to completely gut our entire basement except for about 4 feet of sheet rock towards the top of the wall. Robert has been working so hard and remodeling the entire basement all on his own. He has done an amazing job and although it is not 100% done it is looking pretty darn good! He has saved us so much money by doing all the work on his own and that is why I call him my Handy Manny!! :) Here are some pictures of the remodel:
Before:And after:
This room used to be a bedroom but we removed a wall to open it up and it makes the basement feel so much bigger!!

And of course a new bar!! Needs some finishing up but it is awesome!
I love being in the basement now and it feels like a totally different house! What a great space for our growing family! I'm ready to re-do the top floor now! ;)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE HANDY MANNY! I call him my boyfriend (the cartoon character of course), but I saw the "real" Handy Manny on TV the other day, and he is even Hotter! I am jealous you have Manny at your house... oh, and the basement looks great!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...