2/29/12

Valentine Fun.

We had lots of fun for Valentine's Day this year! I picked up this cute mailbox last year on clearance at Target and brought it out for Elena to decorate. She loved it!
 
 We did this a week before Valentine's Day and each morning she would get up and check her mailbox and I had a fun little surprise in it for her! They included princess rings, a Hello Kitty pez dispenser, a Snow White shirt, mini plant/flower kits, bracelets, and of course a princess tiara! :)
 She got to do Valentine cards to give to her classmates this year and I asked her if she wanted to buy them or make them. Of course my little project lover wanted to make them! So I got out the construction paper, glitter, jewels and markers and she went to town. She even wrote her name on each card all by herself! 
We continued our tradition of heart shaped food by making pizza and cookies this year (Check out all of last year's Valentine Fun). I had to be out of town for work this year on the 14th so my Mom came over the weekend before and we celebrated a little early! The pizzas are so fun and Elena has a blast helping! (oh and they are super yummy too!)
and who doesn't love heart shaped cookies?? 
 This is what happened when I let Elena do sprinkles by herself! A little too much, even for her! Ha ha!
Besides eating the cookies, I think E's favorite part was playing with all the flour that was left on the table after all the baking! What a mess!  
 Valentine's Day finally arrived and my Mom made sure to take pictures for me of her little class party. :) She said Elena loved handing out her Valentines, she was so proud! And her teacher was very impressed that she made her own!
They did a really cool project with contact paper and tissue paper pieces. It made a wonderful stained glass like heart that is hanging in her window and she just loves looking at it! What a great idea!
What better way to round off the party than with cupcakes? Yum! Whew, what a busy love month!
Oh and one last thing about Valentine's Day - it marked 16 weeks for this pregnancy! (Took this picture a couple days after the 14th but you get the idea - starting to get quite a little bump already!) This pregnancy is flying by, soon we get to find out if it is a boy or a girl! I can't wait!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...