4/29/12

Arrgh, Matey.

Elena had dress like a pirate day at preschool last week and it was too cute not to share a couple pics. At first she told me that she didn't want to dress up (so not like her) so after a couple more questions I realized the only reason she didn't want to was because a little girl in her class didn't want to. This led to a long talk about how we don't do (or not do) things just because of others. I knew she loved to dress up and had to convince her it didn't matter what the other girl was doing. Peer pressure at 3.5 already?? Yikes! Needless to say my little pirate ended up dressing up that day. ;)
 
 She was most excited about the tattoo (part of my negotiations) on her arm. A princess of course - hey, whatever works!
She had so much fun being dressed up at school and I am so glad that I made reasoned with her to dress up! Hopefully I made a small impact on her future decisions but I know this is just the tip of the iceberg on wanting to and not wanting to do things because of other people! Can someone please slow her down from growing up?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...