10/7/11

A busy day for a THREE year old!


For Elena's official birthday (Sept 29), she had a very busy day. I stayed up the night before making special cupcakes for her. I modified the rainbow cupcakes we did for St. Patty's Day and did pink and yellow (her favortie colors), and topped them with rainbow chip frosting, the best frosting ever! :) 
I even let her have a cupcake for breakfast! You can kind of see the shock in her eyes that she was actually getting a cupcake for breakfast! 
I managed to get a quick mini-photo shoot before we left for preschool.
and the silly ones:
I got to take Elena's class her special cupcakes and read them one of her favorite books - Llama Llama Red Pajama (I highly recommend the series - so cute!). Not gonna lie, it was the highlight of my week! We had some lunch with Grandma and Grandpa and Elena opened a couple presents before I went back to work. Later she had dance lessons and we wrapped things up with some yummy pizza from Knolla's for dinner. Love that place! Since we had already had cake, cookie cake, and cupcakes this past week, we decided to change things up and go with a birthday dessert pizza! Yum! 
Elena was definitely a fan! (Like the Minnie Mouse dress and butterfly wings? Hey - you can wear whatever you want on your birthday, right?) 
Then is was time to open a few more presents! Here were two favorite things, a singing Ariel card and a doll that is Prince Eric (also from The Little Mermaid in case you didn't know).  
This is a funny pic of Mommy and Grandpa trying to open the toys - but seriously, it is ridiculous how hard it is to get toys out of their packages today! It took me a good 10 minutes to free Prince Eric!  
What a great 1st day as a three year old! 
Happy Birthday Elena!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...