3/18/14

Valentine's Day {2014}

For Valentines Day this year we started off with some yummy pink heart shaped pancakes! The kids loved them!  
I was the room mom this year for Elena's class Valentines Party and she was pumped to have me and my mom there to celebrate! 
The bags for the valentines - so adorable!  
They really get into putting their valentines in the bags -
Then we did yummy snacks and a craft. I opted for this cute heart yarn craft this year --

They all seemed to really enjoy it - even the boys! It really seemed to calm them down from all the sugar they just consumed! Elena will kill me for this next picture some day but check out her "focused" face. Cracks me up!
 
 After school we had lunch and Dominic took a nap, so Elena and I got to work on some valentine cookies to decorate!
 
Then we baked them and waited for Dom to wake up to decorate them. He likes a little TV when he first wakes up and we caught him watching like this!! So silly!!
They both did a really great job decorating and loved it!
Lots of quality control too!
At first he was very careful with the sprinkles -- 
Then it went to this! Ha ha!
Tried to get a picture with them... They didn't want to stop and smile for anything!
Then Dom started dumping the bowls of sprinkles too! Sheesh - boys!
I should've know this would happen --
This is major picture overload but they were just having so much fun I couldn't stop snapping away!
Elena is getting quite good at frosting them herself!
There is that ''focused'' face again! ;)
Dominic was so focused too! Love it!
One more try at a picture -- yup that about sums it up! Elena is focused and Dominic is tasting!
I must say they turned out pretty darn good! (a little excessive on the sprinkles but hey, who doesn't love sprinkles?)
When Daddy got home from work he had flowers and a balloon for Elena - she was beyond excited!
 
and we had a little gift for each of them too!
Frozen dolls!
 
and more car cars!
Then we braved the crowds for a dinner out a Olive Garden! (I think we were a little crazy for that one but it was yummy!)
The next day Daddy and I had a date while my parents watched the kids and we went to...
The shooting range! It was a first time for both of us and really fun to get to experience that together!
We were both very nervous at first but then slowly got the hang of it. We even hit the bulls-eye a few times!
Our date concluded with sushi at one of our favorite places - Hana Café! Yummy!
That was a busy two days for sure!! Here is one more picture of my two Valentine cuties!! Love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...