6/7/12

First Dance Recital.

Miss Elena had her first dance recital last weekend! It was so stinking adorable!! They did two dances, one where they dressed as Minnie Mouse, and another with an adorable pink sparkly tu-tu outfit! 1st was Minnie ~
 Make-up time! I think this was her favorite part! We practiced putting some on the week before for pictures (I will post those when I get them back-adorable!) and every day after she asked if she could have "big eyelashes" that day! (uh-oh, I think we are in for it as she grows up!)
On a side note (against my better judgement) I tried to put eyeliner on her when we practiced the make-up. Huge mistake. She had an allergic reaction which turned into a form of pink-eye! I felt like the worst mom ever! Thank goodness we went to the Dr and they gave us some prescription eye drops and it cleared right up. The young male doc asked if I ever watched Dance Moms - I said NO, even though you would think so since I tried to put eye-liner on my 3 year old! :) Then I told him it was a stupid thing to do and Elena totally called me out and said Mom, we don't use that word. Busted. She is too smart sometimes! The doc said the make-up may or may not have caused it - I think he was just trying to make me not feel like a terrible mom though! I definitely learned a lesson about going with your instinct - I knew that eyeliner wasn't a good idea but tried it anyway, I'll listen to my gut next time!
Anyways, back to the recital -
Watching a little Mickey Mouse Clubhouse before hitting the stage.
So excited!!
The big performance! :) She pretty much missed all of the moves to the dance - but at least she looked cute doing it! ;)
 Next it was time for the ballet outfit - so adorable!
On stage! She looked like she was having fun!
She did a few more moves in this one but decided to sing along more than dance! :) She spends the first few minutes looking for me - then she waves and continues on with the dance. You can't really hear it on the video but at the end when she is in the middle of the stage she finds me, waves and yells, "Hi Mom!" It was too cute!
Afterwards we gave her some pretty pink roses for doing so great on stage! She was not feeling the picture taking anymore but adored the roses!
I did manage to get a couple good ones of my parents and I with her though ~ 
We all took her out for ice cream after to celebrate, yum! My mom asked her what it felt like to be up on stage and she said it felt like she was beautiful! Awe, so sweet!
She was wiped out on the way home and fell asleep holding on to her roses :) 
You did a wonderful job my sweet princess, we are so proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...