4/15/11

Little Picasso.

Today the weather was terrible! I mean 40 degrees, rainy and crazy windy - no fun at all. But earlier in the week when it was nice, I set up Elena's easel outside and let her try painting for the first time. Ever since I came home with my painting from Paint the Towne, Elena has been asking when she will get to paint a picture! She was so excited as we got all the supplies out!

I used an egg carton for the paint, which was perfect for her. Not sure why I thought she would leave the paint nicely separated though! :)
She really started to get into it. Holding the carton like she was a professional and bending down to get just the right angle - it was adorable!

She's been saying for months that her favorite colors are pink and yellow so I thought it would be fun to let her do another painting with just those colors. She kept ohh-ing and ahh-ing while she was painting!

She was so proud of her paintings and has already asked me (repeatedly) to paint again! We also hung the pink and yellow one up in her room and every day she says - Mom, look at my painting!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...