6/14/14

Color Run Fun!

I did the Color Me Rad race last year with my good friends Lynette, Lindsay and Sarah; but when I got home covered in color Elena was a little disappointed that she didn't get to go. So when the race came around again this year I decided it would be something fun for us to do together!! She was so excited! Then I found out my friend Kylie and her daughter were doing it too and we were all set! I was so glad we got to do it with them because the girls had a blast together and made it so much fun! Here we are before the race started - nice and clean. ;)
The some of the coloring began while we were waiting on our heat.
 Starting line!
 
After a little bit of jogging walking/sprinting (lol) we came to the first color section - yellow!
 Elena hit a rough patch and I'm guessing maybe got a side stich and started whining, a lot. I finally hoisted her up for a piggy back ride to get her to the next color! Thankfully it was pink and she had a renewed spirit!  
 But a 5k is a long ways to walk for a 5 and 7 year old so they took as many short cuts as they could find! LOL! Kylie and I were cracking up!!
 After the purple section we stopped for a couple pictures!! These girls got along really well and not that Kylie and I wouldn't have had fun buy ourselves, but they made it that much more fun!
 Finally we made it to the finish!! Woo-hoo!
Then there was more color-bombing... 
 and waiting for the big color throw! Everyone got a bag of color at the finish and we all got together and threw them up in the air! What fun! (it was so cold last year we didn't even stick around for this part, thank goodness the weather was great this year!)
Check out that haze in the air from all the color dust!
 
 Then we hit the photo booth on the way out and headed home to take showers!
 
 
What a fun time I had with my girl, and she is already talking about doing it again!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...