6/20/14

River Run 2014.

This year I asked Robert if he wanted to do the River Run again as it had been a long time since we had done it (5 years ago to be exact!) and frankly I have a hard time being motivated to run unless there is a race involved! Ha! I trained the following weeks and felt pretty good and ready to go! Robert, on the other hand, did not even run more than a mile! The big day came and we headed to the race! What a turnout!
 There was a hot air balloon launch when the race started - pretty cool!
 This guy is something else - did I mention he did not train at all? Oh yeah, and he had absolutely no problem running 6.2 miles - in fact he even pushed me to go faster! (Its not fair I tell you!)
 We finished in 57 minutes which was a 9:11 minute mile pace, my goal was to come in under an hour and we did just that! Definitely faster than I had been running the past few weeks too! It was fun and challenging and I'm so glad we got to run this race together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...