10/17/13

Making Room for Baby.

I had been meaning to post this a long, long time ago but just never got it all down! So here we go - Baby Dominic's nursery! Better late than never, right? ;)
When I say we had to make room for the baby...we really had to make room for the baby! The people that lived in our house before us decided to use part of a very small bedroom to make a large fireplace in the living room. To do this they had to take up about 1/2 of an already tiny room. We had been using this room as a closet - it was that small! We debated about what to do when we found out we were having another baby and finally decided to take the fireplace back out and revert back to a bedroom. Let the demolition begin!
I really, really still wanted a fireplace so we decided to maximize the small area with an electric one. We could not find one that we liked so we bought this one on sale and took it out of the wood casing around it. (I can't believe how little Elena looks in these pictures!!)
Robert then built the fireplace and mantle around it. Sometimes it blows my mind the things he knows how to do! Impressive.

We decided to paint it dark brown and switch out all the trim to white.
Like the white trim? I do!!
The carpet was pretty brutal so we figured while we were at it we might as well replace it. The hubs handled this one by himself too!
There is a lovely popcorn ceiling throughout our entire house so the smooth area that now covered the huge hole that was the fireplace looked a little goofy! We opted to popcorn it because we weren't ready to tackle taking it all off yet!

Mudding and Taping!
As you can see, this was not a small task. Needless to say it was not completed before his birth. But that is ok because we used a bassinette in our room for the first couple months and everything went smoothly.
Elena loved helping out as much as she could! I also got to help paint the room when it was time. :)
Finally coming together!
1st time laying in his own room! 
My next project was a collage of frames for the wall. 
It's still not quite done yet but I really like it! The middle frame will eventually (hopefully) have chicken wire behind it and those monthly pictues i've been taking attached to it!
I got a lot of these cute ideas from Pinterest and just duplicated the ones I liked. (I used PicMonkey to make them)
Elena's artwork found a perfect spot, right above the crib!
There is still more work to do but it sure has come a long way!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...