9/19/13

Chalkfest.

We went to one of the coolest events in August this year, it was called Wichita Chalkfest. I heard about it on Facebook and was so glad that I did because I knew it would be something the kids would enjoy. (and I am all up for trying new things to do with them, especially when it's FREE!) The event was down in Old Town square and tons of sidewalk chalk artists took over the area
 There was also plenty of space for kids to create their own masterpieces!
 Elena was really into it!
Dominic was more interested in eating the chalk. ;)
 
 Check out Elena's masterpiece! A mermaid!
 
 Thank goodness there were fountains to cool off in because it was hot!
 
 
 
 
 After we cooled off we grabbed a bite to eat at a restaurant in the square, then we went back out to check out how the art looked. So amazing!
 
 
 
 
We came across an artist who created this scene by a stairway so you could take a picture from overhead and look like you were flying away with the balloons!! So awesome! This was my favorite part!
 
 Dominic just laid there and posed! The artist asked me to text him this picture because he is the littlest one he had ever had pose this well! Yay Dom!
 Then we hit up the sno cones and headed out. This was a self service machine - E was in heaven!! THey also had flavors in the truck and I tried wedding cake - oh man, I will never go back to another flavor again - it was amazing!
  and Dominic...well, he was worn out from all the fun!
What an awesome time and a new event that we will be taking part in again next year!! Can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...