6/15/11

Just keep swimming.

This week Elena has started swimming lessons! We think it is very important for her to learn how to swim, especially since she is in or around a pool almost every day in the summer. She is a master with the life jacket on but she really needs to be able to swim on her own. Monday I was working out of town so I missed her first class (my mom was able to take her). So I was very excited to take her on Tues, until she started whining about not wanting to go on the way there! Then she also fell asleep on the way there (by the way, she is doing her best to give up naps all together but seriously still needs them!) which made her extra groggy when we arrived. As soon as we go to the door she started crying - I mean hyper-ventilating, screaming-at-the-top-of-her-lungs, snotting-all-over-me crying! The instructors basically wrestled her away from me and took her away. I was starting to tear up too! :( I didn't even get to watch her lesson b/c they asked me to stay away from the windows! Lots of other moms told me not to worry, and that their kids all did this as well at the beginning but loved it after a couple days - which was reassuring to know. They also warned me that today might be worse too, so I was mentally prepared for battle today. But when it was her turn she walked in all by herself like a champ! I was so proud!

Today I got to watch and of course I just had to take some pictures! She seemed to be doing really well!

Patiently waiting her turn on the edge,

but she is definitely a ''splasher'' while she waits - lol.

I was so relieved to see how well she was doing!


She even went all the way under to retrieve a toy from below!

She came out talking about how fun swim lessons are! Whew, what a relief! :) I was a very proud mama today!

1 comment:

  1. yea elena! i'm glad she's with ashley, i really like her! she was jayden's first swim teacher and he freaked like elena did, but ended up loving her. she's gonna do just great!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...