8/17/09

Chocolate Chip Cookies.

For those of you who don't know, my mom makes the BEST chocolate chip cookies!!! Now I am not just saying that because I like them. Many, many of my friends and family have told me this numerous times.

The problem she and I have is that we eat about half the dough before we even cook them so we are then forced to make another batch! That is not necessarily a problem though! :)

Elena seems to like the dough too!

After what is left of the dough actually makes it to the oven we get this:

So what is so great about her cookies? Well to be honest there is no secret ingredient. In fact, the recipe is off the back of the Nestle chocolate chip bag! They key to her cookies is this:

Yup, it's the cookie sheet. It is what makes them so delicious! My mom has even tried doing everything the same and cooked the dough on a different sheet and they didn't taste as good!
Maybe it is from the many years of cookies being made on it, who knows? What I do know is I will eventually get to inherit this and someday Elena's friends will think I make the best cookies! :)

The back of the sheet reads:
CAT. NO. 205 GRIDDLE KING
NORTHLAND ALUMINIUM PRODUCTS INC.
MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA U.S.A
We have searched everywhere for more sheets like this with no luck. So if anyone ever sees a sheet like this please get it and I will pay you back!! After all this cookie talk I think I am going to call my mom and see if she can whip up a batch!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm!! I love chocolate chip cookies! Especially the dough :) You should really consider having those at your next Bunco. Or heck, just bring them next month! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...