11/8/10

Fall at the Zoo.

The weather around here has been unbelievably nice, early November and we are having near 70 degree temps! So Elena and I decided to take advantage of this gorgeous weather this weekend and head to the Zoo. It is always nice to be outside and enjoy days like this! When I mentioned going to the Zoo at breakfast Elena got really excited! She perked right up and said - see am-mi-mals! Big Elephant, Big Monkey and Tiger! (I guess we already had our route mapped out for us today!) When we arrived it was giraffe feeding time - so we stepped up to give them some yummy leaves.


I think Elena is asking me for more leaves to feed the giraffes here! :)

This trip I decided to get out the Zoo Key that comes with the membership - Elena was thrilled! Each time she saw one of these she yelled - Mom, get the Key, get the ZOO KEY!
After she realized they sometimes play music we had to find every.single.one in the entire Zoo!
It is funny how each time we go to the Zoo she seems to have a different favorite animal that she wants to see - today it was the tigers!



Time for the big monkeys!

This guy could use a haircut!

Big elephant -
She stopped and started yelling - SHADOW!! Look my shadow!! (She was just as excited about this as any other exhibit - lol!)
She was actually letting me take pictures of her today without protest, so I got a couple of cute shots!


Last stop, the penguins~
Lately, each day Elena has been picking out one of her stuffed animals that just has to go with her wherever she is going. Today her little purple bunny was the lucky recipient of a trip to the Zoo! :)

What a fun day with my girl! She was in such a good mood and being really funny! And to top it all off this was one of her first trips out with big girl underwear on!! No accidents and she went potty 3 different times while we were there! Maybe she is getting the hang of this potty training thing!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9/11/10 21:37

    Love the pics! So excited for you and Elena about the potty training!! We're slowly working at it over here. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...