10/4/10

Two.

Before I get to the Minnie madness from last weekend, I thought I would share some of the things that my big 2 year old is up to lately~
  • Elena still always wants to be outside. She would stay outside and play all day if she could! I'm going to have to think of some new adventures to keep her occupied this winter!!
  • Jumping is her new favorite thing, she doesn't really walk anymore it is skipping or jumping or running.

  • Has a great imagination! She loves to pretend that she is cooking, taking care of her baby doll, building castles, having a tea party - it is so great to see her play like this!
  • Is a jokester already -- she pretends that she can't see something right in front of her when I ask her to pick it up (and then laughs about it), she will pretend she is sleeping (with a fake snore and all!), hides from us (by covering her face with her hands or hiding under sheets), will say the wrong color or number on purpose when we ask her (and then laugh and say the correct one)!

  • She is still a great sleeper - She goes to bed around 8:30pm and sleeps til about 9:00am, plus a 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon! By the way, she is still in her crib and I have no plans on transitioning her to a big girl bed because she loves the crib and I love that she stays in it!! (Hope I'm not jinxing it by saying that!!)
  • Elena has become very good at playing on her own - she will be in her room reading books, playing in the sandbox, trying to put a diaper on her baby doll, or playing with her stickers for 20min or more at a time!

  • She speaks very well - people ask me on a daily basis if she is 3 years old because of how clearly she talks and how many words that she says!
  • Last week Elena was pushing on the door trying to open it and I heard her (I was in the other room) say push, push, empuje! (That's Spanish for push in case you didn't know!) Yep - Dora taught her that one - not me! Wow! She will probably pass me up on the Spanish soon!

  • She almost always speaks in the 3rd person. Elena is doing this, Elena is doing that...it's pretty funny!
  • Is starting to have that 2 year old attitude - saying no and having tantrums, even trying to hit sometimes! - but for the majority of the time she is still well behaved. The other day I asked her to stop putting something in her mouth and she continued to do it, so I finally said, if you do that one more time I am going to have to take it away. She walked over to me and handed it to me and said "take it mommy"! It was hilarious - apparently she knew she would continue to do it! Lol!

  • She is very tough, not a day goes by that there isn't a 'mommy kiss it' or ' Elena needs for a band-aid'. Even with the biggest boo-boos there are hardly any tears though - impressive!
  • Elena is such a tomboy! She likes the girly stuff every once in a while but 90% of the time she will choose the cars or toy power tools to play with!



  • Loves to sing! Not only does she like to belt out the Happy Birthday song (from one of my previous posts if you haven't heard) but she also enjoys singing - Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, Rain, Rain Go Away, Itsy Bitsy Spider, and Old MacDonald, all on her own!
  • She has mommy's ear for music - as soon as she hears a few notes from a song that she likes on the radio she shouts out the name - sometimes before they even start singing! That's my girl! :)


  • We go to the doctor next week but I have a feeling she will still be around the 95th percentile range for height - she is pretty much taller than anyone her age. She is also still pretty thin - all that running around like crazy every day I guess! I put some 18-24mo jeans on her and they were high waters but fit everywhere else and the 2Ts are the right length but fall off of her they are so baggy! Guess she will be wearing a lot of leggings this fall.
  • She is definitely the best thing that has ever happened to Robert and I and we truly cherish every minute that we spend with her! The past two years have been incredible!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...