8/2/11

Wet and Wild.

Last week my Mom and I decided to take Elena to a Wet and Wild day at the Zoo! We went last year and she absolutely loved it so I figured she would love it again this year too. We decided to go a little early and have a little picnic. Elena loves eating outside.
When we were almost done eating this peacock just walked right up to our table! I mean this thing was a little too close for comfort!
Apparently he was looking for some food and even yelled at us until we gave him some bread. Elena thought it was the coolest thing ever but my Mom is not a bird fan at all and insisted we get the heck out of there! (Sorry for the nice view of Elena's lunch! - lol)
There was still a little time before the firetruck started spraying so we visited the penguins. They were really active and swimming around like crazy! More than I have ever seen them move before.
This day the temperature reached about 105 degrees so we decided to get to that cool water ASAP. We listened to the safety talk and then the water came on.
E kept her distance at first but got a little closer with my Mom.
After awhile they turned the hoses off for a bit so everyone could play in the giant puddle that had formed. Elena definitely liked this the best!
Then the water came back on and I guess I should have made sure Elena was a little farther away from the spray than she was because it came down right on her (pretty hard too) and she bolted out of there! She even started crying. :( Poor baby.
I tried and tried to coax her back in to the water after the spray got softer but she had no desire to go near it. I finally talked her into getting wet with me at a little hose and then I finally just picked her up and took her back in to try and show her that it didn't hurt. She was not happy with me!
I guess the older you get the more fears you develop! She had no problems last year - and with how much she loves the water I was shocked with her reaction! Oh well, she will probably go back to loving it again next year! She was also very very tired so we decided to just head home - I think this was more the issue than the actual water. I got her a sno cone as we headed out to the car and that seemed to make her feel much better. :)
We actually ended up leaving at the perfect time because about 30 minutes after we left this crazy storm blew up with very strong winds! Glad we weren't stuck in that at the zoo!
All in all it was a really fun day - even though Elena was a little traumatized by the experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...